1. Does ELLC issue student visas?
ELLC is a part time school, so we cannot issue a student visa.
2. Can I pay by credit/debit?
Yes, you can pay by credit or debit if you have a account. Ask us to pre-bill you online a few days before your tuition is due or go to our Make a Payment page.
3. When is tuition due?
Tuition is due the first class of each month.
4. What if I miss a class? Do I get a refund?
We are sorry if you miss a class, but there are no refunds. You can make up your missed hours in another class.
5. How can I make up missed class hours?
You can make up a class if your level meets at a different time or on a different day. If there is not another class for your level, you can come to a conversation class or a lower/higher level class to make up your missed hours. Hours must be made up in the same month they are missed.
6. Can I take classes online?
Yes. We can set up an individual tutor for you online using Skype/web cam. This is a great way to improve your skills quickly from anywhere in the world. Cost is $30 per hour.
7. How big are the classes at ELLC?
Maximum class size is 12 students.
8. Why should I choose English Language Learning Center?
The teachers and staff at ELLC really care about the students and are willing to give you personal attention. We have been in business for 15 years and have served hundreds of happy students. If you want a professional school with a small, friendly, caring environment that encourages spoken participation in class, this is the school for you.
9. What is the minimum age for students?
The minimum age for classroom participation is 14. We tutor younger children individually in private lessons for $30 per hour. Call for more information about setting up a tutor for your young children.
10. How much does individual tutoring cost?
Individual tutoring costs $30 per hour.
11. Are ELLC teachers qualified?
All of our teachers have university degrees and have completed coursework to be TESOL/TEFL certified.
12. How long is each session?
Each session is 4 months.
13. What subjects are studied in each level?
Each level has a comprehensive curriculum which includes conversation, grammar, American idioms, reading, writing, vocabulary, listening and pronunciation. Most Atlanta area schools focus on grammar and do not teach these other important subjects, so ELLC is a great inexpensive part-time choice.
14. Can I take more than one level at the same time?
Yes, you can take as many levels as you can fit into your schedule. A regular level class meets 2 days per week, 2 hours each class.
15. Can I come to school 2, 3, 4, or 5 days per week?
Yes, you can take more than one level of classes or add a conversation class.
16. I need more speaking practice. What should I do?
We have conversation classes on Friday mornings. This class is meant to increase your fluency by giving you opportunity to speak with other students and a teacher. You must be enrolled in our regular program of study in order to add conversation class. If your level is advanced, you make take conversation class alone.
17. Does ELLC have a TOEFL preparation course?
Yes. We offer this as a class and as individual private tutoring.